You are here
HEI 2018 Annual Conference — Student and Postdoc Travel Award
29 April, 2018
The 2018 HEI Annual Conference will be held in Chicago, Illinois from April 29-May 1, 2018. A Preliminary Program can be found on the website.
Student and Postdoc Travel Award
For the first time, HEI is inviting applications for a Travel Award for its 2018 Annual Conference. Up to three award winners will be invited to present posters on their research at HEI’s conference in Chicago, Illinois from April 29 – May 2, 2018. Travel awards will be awarded on a competitive basis, upon review of the application and proposed abstract (see below). The award covers the costs of conference registration, travel, hotel and meals.
Please send your applications or any questions regarding eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 26, 2018. Applicants will be notified of decisions in late March.
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students, or postdocs, at an academic or research institution in North America or Europe (HEI anticipates expanding geographic eligibility in future years);
- The applicant’s research shall not be funded currently by HEI;
- The applicant’s research must be related to
- HEI’s research interests in air quality and health (as described in www.healtheffects.org/about/strategic-plan) or
- potential exposure or health effects from unconventional oil and gas development (see www.healtheffects.org/unconventional-oil-natural-gas); and
- The applicant must be able to attend the HEI Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois from April 29, 2018 to May 2, 2018.
- Application form, see below
- Includes applicant’s statement about the professional value of attending the conference
- Abstract for a poster presentation
- 500 word limit (see instructions below)
- The award winner must be the first author and presenter; and
- Limit one abstract per applicant
- Scientific merit and writing quality of the abstract;
- Relevance to, or advancement of, HEI’s research interests (health effects of air pollution or potential exposure and health effects from unconventional oil and gas development); and
- Applicant’s statement on the professional value of attending the conference.
Application form and abstract instructions can be found here.