You are here
Public Health Research and Science Conference
9 April, 2019
The Public Health Research and Science Conference will be held on 9th & 10th April 2019 in the Renold Building, University of Manchester. The call for abstracts has just been launched and the link to the conference website is here: www.phe-events.org.uk/phrsc19
A number of colleagues in the HPRU in Health Impact of Environmental Hazards are submitting abstracts.
This conference aims to support high quality and innovative science through the sharing of good practice and to help strengthen scientific activity. The focus will be on the application of scientific methods to protect and improve health, including the work of the NIHR Health Protection Research Units and other formal research partnerships.
Aims and objectives
- support the development of public health scientific capacity and skills
- raise standards for research and scientific activity and celebrate scientific excellence
- support the development of collaborations between Public Health England and academia
- provide opportunities for trainees and junior scientists to present their work with academic rigour
- support the communication of research findings
The conference will include plenary sessions, ePosters and parallel sessions and the content will be selected from abstract submissions on the basis of their scientific merit. The deadline for submissions is midnight on Sunday 18 November 2018 (please note this will not be extended).
Who should attend
The conference is particularly aimed at public health scientists, researchers, analysts and academics across Public Health England, universities and the devolved administrations, NIHR Health Protection Research Units, NIHR School for Public Health Research and other partner organisations.